Release Notes / Version 9.7.7 / July 6, 2023
Znode v9.7.7 includes new features and enhancements, important merges from Znode v220.127.116.11., and v18.104.22.168. and minor bug fixes.
- When upgrading the script to Znode v9.7.7, it is mandatory to clear the data and republish it.
[ZPD-25385/ZPD-26274] - Elastic Search Upgrade
- ElasticSearch has been upgraded from 7.16.2 to 8.8.1.
- Restricting Multiple CMS and PIM indexes creation
- Category Names On the Search Results Page in accordance with the ‘Display Subcategory Products In Parent Category’ flag setting
- Tradecentric Enhancement
- Recaptcha v3 with settings for Guest Users for the Checkout page
- Recaptcha v3 with settings for on Registration, Login, and Checkout pages
- Enhancement related to Shipping Methods
- Enhancements to the category-related products' display order
- Gallery Image Sequencing on PDP
- Clover Connect Enhancement
- Display Capture in OMS selection Enhancements
- Optimized Loading of the Product Images
Important Information And Breaking Changes
Restricting Multiple CMS and PIM indexes creation
- The restrictions currently are not checked for the Schedulers and will be covered in the near future
- No explicit feature to stop the index creation when stuck In Progress or Started and has to be aborted through the backend only
- While publishing the Store if anyone either Catalog or CMS index creation is already in progress, then no index creation will be started
- The index creation and publishing will only start when no index creation is currently in started or in progress state for both i.e. Catalog and CMS
Recaptcha v3 Implementation
- The Recaptcha token expires after two minutes. If you're protecting an action with ReCaptcha, make sure to call execute when the user takes the action rather than on the page load.
- Recaptcha will not Work For iframe payment methods like Braintree, PayPal Express, Amazon Pay, Authorized, etc. These are third-party applications and we do not have any control over the same. And these payment methods will work without any recaptcha check.
- Quotes, Pending Orders, and Pending Payments are not considered
Trace.axd Information on Admin site
- Trace.axd is a debugging and tracing tool in http://ASP.NET that provides information about requests and errors.
- In v9.7.7, this setting is set to ‘ False’ by default
- By setting the enabled attribute to "false” effectively disables tracing for the http://ASP.NET application. Additionally, the requestLimit attribute specifies the maximum number of trace requests to store, and the localOnly attribute limits tracing to local requests only. Adjust these settings according to your needs.
Sorting of the Country Column in the Global Settings
- The Countries are now sorted in Alphabetical Order i.e. from A to Z
Other Breaking Changes
Please refer to this Breaking Changes Document for more information
[ZPD-25528/ZLMC-4817] - Restricting Multiple CMS and PIM indexes creation
- Restrictions for Multiple PIM Index Creations
- Whenever an index creation process starts related to a specific catalog, Znode will check if there is any index creation in progress related to the same catalog
- For the same, the checks will be placed on Started and In Progress status of the Index creation
- If it found that there is an index for that catalog with Started or in Progress status, then the system will block the creation of another index for the same catalog
- Now, In a scenario where there is an index found by the system for the intended catalog but has a status as Production then the system will allow creating the new index for the related catalog
- The restrictions that will be put here will only be on the basis of a specific catalog
- The admin can still initiate processes that lead to index creation for other catalogs
- Restrictions for Multiple CMS Index Creations
- Whenever a CMS index creation process starts related to a specific store, Znode will check if there is any CMS index creation in progress related to the same store
- For the same, the checks will be placed on Started and In Progress status of the Index creation of the CMS
- If it found that there is an index for that store with Started or in Progress status, then the system will block the creation of another index for the same store
- Now, In a scenario where there is an index found by the system for the intended store but has a status as Production then the system will allow creating the new CMS index for the related store
- The restrictions that will be put here will only be on the basis of a specific store
- The admin can still initiate processes that lead to CMS index creation for other stores even if one specific CMS index creation is in progress for a Specific store
- In a scenario wherein a store is being published with the CMS flag checked and Catalog flag checked and at the same time index creation is in progress for any of them either the same catalog or for the specific store then the independent error message will be displayed but for the multiple publish scenarios it will work as per the existing behavior. If there are no multiple publishes taking place at a given time and when there is no index creation initiated for both i.e CMS and Catalog, only then the publish can be initiated (This will work as intended only for the specific catalog and specific store that are being published through Store Publish)
- Suppose PIM index creation is in progress and the admin tries to initiate the CMS index creation and vice versa then this should be allowed. Thus, the PIM index creation and CMS index creation should not be interlinked in any way
[ZPD-22584] - Category Names On the Search Results Page in accordance with the ‘Display Subcategory Products In Parent Category’ flag setting
- When the value of Display Subcategory Products In Parent Category is unchecked
- When a keyword is searched and there is at least one product result available then the search results page should display the list of all those hyperlinked categories names whose products (that are directly associated) are available on the search results page above the facets section in an accordion
- When the value of Display Subcategory Products In Parent Category is checked
- When a keyword is searched and there is at least one product result available then the search results page should display the list of all those hyperlinked categories names whose products are available and also the hyperlinked parent categories names on the search results page above the facets section in an accordion
- The sequence in which the categories will be displayed will depend on the display order of categories in the Store’s catalog.
- All the displayed categories should belong to the catalog that is being used on the web store.
[ZPD-24467] - Tradecentric Enhancement
- In the previous Znode version, the same user name cannot be used to punch out for multiple stores through the Punchout platform although Znode does have the capability to have users register with the same username for different stores
- From this release, If the Tradecentric is activated and the Znode is accessed through TradeCentric for a specific username then the system will check if this user already exists in the Znode for that selected store or not, if not then a new user will be created using the email id provided through TradeCentric and a random password will also be set
- Thus, allowing the same username to be accessed for different stores available in the Znode
- There won't be any facility to associate an account with a new user/existing user through the tradecentric platform. All those associations are to be made through Znode only
- There won't be any facility to associate an account with a new user/existing user through the Tradecentric platform. All those associations are to be made through Znode only
[ZPD-23576/ZPD-23575] - Recaptcha v3 with settings for Guest Users and Registered Users
Administration/ Shopper Experience
- Earlier Znode had Captcha implemented for security purposes but then now it is replaced with Invisible ReCaptcha 3. Znode will have the capability to allow the admin to have this ReCaptcha set on the Login Page, Registration Page, and Checkout Page for the logged-in users.
- Also, there will be an explicit setting for the guest users as well wherein the admin can set the recaptcha on the checkout page for guest users
- For every store, there will be a site key and secret key fields allowing the admin to enter the credentials that are being received through the recaptcha platform in order to activate the same
- If Captcha required flag is set to yes but the site key and secret key are empty then the recaptcha cannot render on the webstore and cannot validate the recaptcha.
[ZPD-25280/ZLMC-4777] - Enhancement related to Shipping Methods
Administration/ Shopper Experience
- Previously, Fedex/UPS shipping rates for certain products that fall under LTL/freight shipping were not being calculated correctly. Enhancements have been made in this release to address this issue.
[ZPD-24669/ZLMC-4607/ZPD-26189/ZLMC-4933/ZPD-26235/ZLMC-4943/ZPD-26193/ZLMC-4939] - Enhancements to the category-related products' display order
Administration/ Shopper Experience
- The display order for the products within a category will save the data for the display order exactly how the administrator defined it. The Products will be displayed on the webstore in the same order in which the administrator will set them through the admin application.
[ZPD-25046/ZLMC-4746/ZPD-24758/ZLMC-4657] - Gallery Image Sequencing
Administration/ Shopper Experience
- The images in the gallery will now follow the sequence in which they were added on the manage product page as well as upon publish on the PDP page of the respective products
[ZPD-24528] - Variants' Display Order Behavior for a Configurable Product on PDP
- The Display Order for Variants of Configurable Products will be respected on the Web Store's PDP.
- The Display Order for the variants will be respected if the product level setting “Display Variants on Grid” is set to YES.
[ZPD-24830/ZLMC-4697] - Enhancement to the Index Schema Generation on first time publish with Draft Only uncheck
- When clear data is done and then we fresh publish the catalog (with Draft Only uncheck) the JSON is used to create properly and also while creating the index analyzers will be getting assigned in the elastic index schema
[ZPD-24316/ZLMC-4468] - Customer Account Activation email template Dynamic Store URL
Administration/ Shopper Experience
- URL macro is included in the Customer Account Activation that will pull in the live URL for the Store
[ZPD-24633] - Clover Connect Guest Checkout Enhancement
- For the Guest users at the time of checkout, street number, zip code, city, State, email, and phone fields are being added to the API request
[ZPD-26118/ZLMC-4915] - Email a friend link
- When a shopper clicks on “Email a friend” on the product page on the webstore, it sends a link to that particular product to the person on the email instead of the homepage which was the issue earlier.
[ZPD-24041] - Enhancement to the Display Capture in OMS Flag Behavior
- When a payment is already being captured then having an option to capture that payment will have no sense
- Thus while creating or managing a Payment method, the Display capture in OMS will be disabled when the credit card authorization flag ‘ Pre-Authorize Transactions Without Capturing’ is Unchecked
- When the ‘ Pre-Authorize Transactions Without Capturing’ flag is checked then at that point the admin will have the option to Check/Uncheck the Display Capture in the OMS flag
[ZPD-25316] - Optimized Loading of the Product Images
- The loading of the product images is now being optimized
- Following is the list of sliders that are taken into consideration for the product image optimization:
- Recommended Products Slider (On Homepage, PDP, and Cart Page)
- Replacement Products Slider (On PDP)
- Recently Viewed Products Slider (On PDP, Dashboard)
- Frequently Bought Products Slider (On PDP)
- You May Also Like Products Slider (On PDP)
- Best Sellers Product Slider (On Checkout Page)
- Featured Products (On Homepage)
- Best Sellers (On Checkout and Quote Receipts)
[ZPD-24774/ZLMC-4670] - Price import Enhancement
- The price import is enhanced now to support the import for tiered pricing
[ZPD-25689] - Changes to the default value of the WYSIWYG Setting
- We have a WYSIWYG Enabled setting for every Product/Group/Global attribute with the attribute type ' Text Area', the value for this setting was set to ‘NO’ by default until the previous releases but then starting from Znode v9.7.7, the default value set for this setting will be ‘YES’.
[ZPD-26327/ZLMC-4957] - Admin - A sitemap was being created for ‘All’, but it only showed the content page URL as well when the product feed was tried to be generated system resulted in showing an error, and no feed was created.
[ZPD-8708] - Web Store - When a new user account was created from the Webstore, it resulted in the error to the user but then the user could be seen in the admin application’s user list
[ZPD-16583] - Admin - Phone number validation was not in place while setting the address for the accounts in the admin application
[ZPD-18818] - Admin - On clicking "Reoder" link on the manage order screen, a browser exit pop-up was appearing, and clicking "Cancel," on that page led the page into an infinite loading state
[ZPD-23325] - Admin - The Display order field was missing under the General Description tab within the Manage Category screen
[ZPD-23350] - Admin - When the admin created a Brand, it is created two entries for the same Brand as well resulted in a console error
[ZPD-24068/ZPD-24125] - Admin and Web Store - Voucher was getting auto-applied even if the order total was $0.00, and the voucher could not be removed
[ZPD-24209] - Admin - Blank page was appearing after associating a content container on the cart page within the Store Experience section
[ZPD-24180] - Admin and Web Store - When multiple pricelists were associated with the store, product prices on the Web Store were not shown according to the precedence set for the price list.
[ZPD-24289/ZLMC-4433] - Admin and Web Store - Some of the State names were not updated
[ZPD-24561] - Admin - Images with enormous size were not displaying properly when selected for the default image of a product
[ZPD-24696/ZLMC-4616/ZPD-24725/ZLMC-4628] - Admin - The Product Import was initiated and was shown as successful but then there were error log generated too for the same file
[ZPD-24786/ZLMC-4679] - Commerce - VS 2022 Installing Web Compiler Bug and Build error
[ZPD-24802] - Admin - While creating a new page for Landing Page With Banner Slider Multiple Content And Image Sections and Product List Slider Page template, if no content is specified for the text and image widget then the UI was getting disturbed
[ZPD-24951/ZPD-24975/ZPD-25031/ZLMC-4733] - Web Store - Failed to Create was occurring when the customer was adding max characters in the address field while making the payment
[ZPD-24981/ZLMC-4718] - Web Store - Payment methods were disappearing on the stores if a user was idle on the page for a long period of time
[ZPD-25000/ZPD-25033/ZLMC-4714/ZLMC-4730] - Admin - An error was encountered when the admin user tried to Enable the shopper’s account whose account was updated by the admin by adding First Name and Last Name. The same issue was encountered for the shopper whose account was created using the import process.
[ZPD-25035/ZLMC-4738] - Web Store - There was no error notification when maximum rows has been met (i.e. 50) while uploading file or pasting SKUs for the Quick order feature
[ZPD-25048] - Web Store - Wrong Order Total was shown on the Order Receipt
[ZPD-25200/ZLMC-4762] - Web Store - A Product was added to the cart and then to then moved to Save for Later , in the Save for Later section, the link to the product when clicked was leading to an error page
[ZPD-25271/ZLMC-4772] - Admin - On the Manage Order screen, the capture option was missing from the Save Order Call to action dropdown
[ZPD-25317/ZLMC-4788] - Web Store - Anonymous user was unable to login after clicking on the 'Read Reviews' link on the PDP page
[ZPD-25410/ZLMC-4808] - Web Store - A billing address was added for a new user at the checkout and the option to "Don't Save for Future Use" was checked and it was saved. The user then went back to the cart page and came back to the checkout page and tried to edit and save the billing address, which caused a 404 error page to load.
[ZPD-25778/ZLMC-4880] - Commerce - The app setting EnableLogging was missing from the Payment’s web.config file.
[ZPD-26089/ZLMC-4912] - Commerce - The customerprofileid and customerpaymentprofileid values were not returned from Authorize.net after placing the order
[ZPD-25402/ZLMC-4804] - Commerce - When the user changed the address from Amazon Pay’s address book, the shipping options were not updating. Also, when the shopper changes the shipping address from Amazon Pay’s address book and refreshes the page, the shipping options were getting updated but do not show the complete list of shipping options.
[ZPD-25527/ZLMC-4818] - Admin - Space was acceptable in USER PROFILE CODE in User Profile functionality
[ZPD-25746/ZLMC-4874/ZPD-20789/ZLMC-3521] - Admin - There was an issue with the Shipping Origin Postal Code settings within the shipping configuration area which resulted in the non-occurrence of a few shipping methods being displayed on the webstore especially related to FedEx and UPS
[ZPD-25115] - Admin - Admin was unable to delete the users through the Znode application
[ZPD-26285/ZLMC-4954] - Admin - Clicking on the "Customers" link in Admin was resulting in an error