TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring Approval Routing
Configuring Approval Routing
Navigate to: Stores & Reps > Stores > Manage > Additional Attributes.
Administrators can set up five levels of approval rules and limits around users for placing the order. Any order falling within the set limit would be confirmed and processed only after approval.
Steps to Configure Approval Routing
- Stores & Reps > Stores > Manage > Additional Attributes.
- Go to Enable Budget Management.
- Set Enable Approval Management to Yes. In addition, you can enable the User
- Order Limit and User Order Annual Limit.
- Specify a start month for Order Annual Limit calculation. If blank, the system will take January as the Start Month.
- Ensure that the Is Approval Required is set to True under Stores > Payment
- Method for desired Payment Types.
- Navigate to Customers > Users > Manage > Approval Management.
- Set the Approval Type to Sometimes requires approval and add the associated approvers depending on levels for a specific shopper here.
- Click Save.
- You have set the approval management flow for the given user.
Set the Approval Management for a User
Navigate to: Customers > Users > Manage > Approval Management
- Set Approval Type to Sometimes requires approval.
- Click Add New.
- Select an approval order and level.
- Specify an approver. Type the email ID and the system will fetch the results based on the words keyed in.
Note: Admin users can associate multiple approvers at the same level. Once an approver is added to a level, he cannot be further added to another approving level.
- Specify the budget range of each approving level in the FROM and TO fields.
- In cases when the To amount had to be an infinite number, the TO field is to be kept blank, and Is No Limit checkbox needs to be enabled. This ideally has to be done to the highest level of approval depending on the business requirement.
Note: When editing any approver, only the name can be updated. Other details, once specified, cannot be changed.
Email of Approval Management
- When a customer places an order that falls in the approval management range specified, then the following email-triggering logic is applied:
- Order Submitted - Email notification for Level 1 approver.
- Level Approved - When an order is approved at any level, an email will be triggered to the next approval level.
- Order Rejected - When an Order is rejected at any level of approval, an email notification will be sent to the customer about the same.
Set Budget Limit for a User
Navigate to: Customers > Users > Manage > Additional Attributes.
- Go to Budgets
- Specify the Per Order Limit and Annual Order Limit for a user.
- If there is no value specified in the Order Limit and Annual Order Limit or the value is set to ZERO, the customer will have no restriction on placing an order.
- Log in with a user whose approval matrix is defined.
- Place an Order with payment type where Is Approval Required is set to True or has a budget approval range configured.
- An order is created with a tracking number and status as Pending Order.
- Admin can view these orders by going to OMS > Pending Orders; Customers can view such orders in My Account > Pending Order History.
Note: Approval routing works only for orders placed from Webstore and not Admin.
- Moreover, when a budget limit is set for a customer, they can place an order based on the values that are set up in the Order Limit and Annual Order Limit in the Admin. In case, either of the specified limits is exceeded, the customer will not be able to place an order.
- Email is sent to the customer placing the order as well as the first approver.
- Approver logs in and can view the orders pending for their approval under My Account > Pending Orders > Order Detail with an option to Approve or Reject.
- The email will be triggered to the subsequent approver and so on. The highest level approver will approve and place the order which will convert the pending order to an actual order and trigger a confirmation email to the customer.
- Furthermore, the user can view the Approval History for a given order by clicking See Approver History against the said order.