TABLE OF CONTENTS
Navigate to: Dev Center > Payment Methods
The Braintree Payment method is integrated directly into Znode. It reduces the application’s dependency on sending the payment information to the gateway making Znode furthermore efficient and secure. Braintree provides some hosted fields (PCI SAQ-A) that would be rendered on Znode to process the payment information.
Steps to set up Braintree into Znode
Step 1: Navigate to Dev Center >> Payment Method
Step 2: Click on Add New to create a new Payment Method.
Step 3: Select a Credit card as the Payment Type and add the required inputs for the other fields under General Settings.
Step 4: Select Braintree as the payment gateway and add the required inputs for the other fields under Merchant gateway settings.
Settings for Braintree Payment Gateway
Select a payment type
Type of Payment for which the Payment Method needs to be created.
Unique code identifies the Payment Method
Payment Display Name
Name that the admin user wants to display on the checkout page.
If this field is checked, the payment method will be displayed on the checkout page.
Hide Billing Address
If this field is checked then the billing address form will not be displayed on the checkout page.
This determines the order in which the Payment Method is displayed. This field accepts the only positive numeric value.
Merchant Gateway Settings
Select A Gateway
Gateway for which the Payment Method must be created.
Select Gateway Mode
Test - This can be used for testing purposes. In test mode, all the process remains the same as in live mode. The payment-related data which is entered during checkout doesn't need validation.
Live - Live mode is used for the production environment. The payment-related data (e.g. Credit card details) provided on live mode needs to be valid.
When Braintree is configured with Znode the Administrators get a unique ID that needs to be added in this field.
This field is auto-generated. It automatically takes the User name with which the admin is logged in.
This field is auto-generated. It automatically takes the password of the account administrator is logged in with.
Credit Card Authorization
If this field is checked then the transaction will be authorized.
Display Capture in OMS
If this field is checked then the capture button will be displayed while managing the order.
Note: After adding the Payment Method it needs to be associated with the store in order to use the newly added payment method.
Payments using Braintree
Adding a new card for making payments
- After selecting the Braintree payment option, if no card is saved for the user account, then add the card details.
- The new payment page rendering the hosted fields loads the Braintree payment section which can be used by administrators or customers (shoppers) to add card details that can be used to make payments while placing/managing an Order or while converting a Quote to an Order from the admin application or web store.
- When card details are added to this page, all the necessary information related to the card is stored within this hosted field page itself which is in contrast to the other payment options wherein an explicit setting for saving the card detail is provided.
Selecting a saved card for making payments
- After selecting the Braintree payment option, if at least one card is saved for the user account, that will be seen on this hosted filed page as which will be selected by default but if multiple cards are there then the user will have the option to choose among them.
- Admin users or customers (shoppers) will able to select a saved card to make payments while placing/managing an Order or while converting a Quote to an Order from the admin application or web store.
- The saved last 4 digits of the card will be saved. As well once the user chooses the card to pay with, there is no need to input the CVV as well for the same.
Refund using Braintree
- Refunds are initiated back to the used card via Braintree when changes are made to Order (which uses the Braintree payment method) which reduces “Order Total - Voucher Amount” and when a refund is processed for a Return whose “Return Total - Voucher Amount” is greater than $0 (currency may change).
- Note: Before Znode version 9.7 Order Total was calculated and displayed after deducting the Voucher Amount and from 9.7 Order Total and Voucher Amount are displayed separately. Therefore, depending on the version this gateway is being implemented in, the value of “Order Total - Voucher Amount” is considered accordingly.