This article gives an overview of how to create a custom import template.
Steps to create the template
- Login to the admin.
- Go to Import under the Admin/Dev Center menu.
- In the Import screen click on Add New button.
- Select the Locale.
- Select Import Type as (e.g. Customer).
- On the Select Template option, do not select any template (keep this option as Please Select).
- Click on Create A New Template button.
- A new popup window will open, Add the Template Name you want and click on Save.
- Click on the Download Template button.
- A CSV file will be downloaded with all the attributes associated with your family as a header of the CSV.
- Fill in all the required details on the CSV file. Please refer to this KB article for the required fields in the Import template.
- And then click on the Browse button and select the CSV file on which you added your product data.
- All your CSV headers will appear in the “CSV Headers” Section.
- Click on the “Right all” (>>) button to move these CSV headers to the “Attributes Codes” section.