TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Content Container data on the Webstore
Navigate to: CMS > Containers
Content Containers is a section from where the administrator can create and manage personalized content for different user groups using the same Container. Personalized content can be created by creating different variants for the same content Container.
Adding A New Variant
Administrators can add multiple variants with multiple combinations from this section.
Following are the steps to add Variants:
- Click on Add New Variant button
- Select Store Name and User Profile from the dropdown.
Warning: The profile must be added to the available profiles for the store; if not added the content container will not be available for users.
- Click on save
- If the variant combination is available then the variant does not get saved and a pop-up shows “This Variant already exists".
- If a variant with the same combination does not exist, the variant gets saved for the content container.
Editing A Variant
Administrators can edit the variant by clicking on the editing icon.
Steps to edit the variant
- Select Container Template from the dropdown (optional)
- Select a locale
- Add the required information for the selected locale
- After creating a variant when administrators click on Save or Save & Close the variant gets saved after creating a variant when administrators click on Save or Save & Close the variant gets saved.
- Clicking on Save keeps the administrator on the same screen
- Clicking on Save & Close redirects the administrator to the list page of Content Container.
Publishing A Variant
Administrators can publish a variant from the following screens:
- Content Containers list page - Administrators can publish the variants from the Content Containers list page. When a Content Container is published, all the variants associated with the Content Container get published.
- Edit Content Containers - Administrators can publish the variants from the Editing Content Container section. When a Content Container is published, all the variants associated with the Content Container get published.
- Edit Content Containers: Variants list- Administrators have the option to publish the variant by clicking on the publish button available for every record.
- Editing a variant - Administrators have the option to publish the variant by clicking on the publish button.
- When a Content Container or Variant is created then its status is Draft.
- Content Containers need to be published in order to publish the variants.
- If a change is made into a variant then the status of Content Containers changes to Draft, but vice versa is not true. Administrators need to publish the Content Containers in order to publish the variant.
- In the case of multi-variant, if only one variant is published, then only that particular variant will be in a published state. The rest of the variants will have the same status as the Content Containers.
- Publishing a specific Variant will publish only that particular variant and not the Content Containers or any other variants.
Enabling/Disabling A Variant
Administrators can enable/disable a particular variant (except for the default variant) using the Enable/Disable icon from the Edit Content Containers screen - Variants list.
Deleting A Variant
The administrators can delete the variant by clicking on the Delete icon.
Content Container data on the Webstore
When a content container is configured, the published and active variants are selected by the application based on the below-mentioned precedence. The combinations get checked by the below precedence. Whichever combination is available is shown on the webstore. If none of the combinations are available then the default combination (given in the last) is shown on the webstore:
- Specific Store, Specific User Profile, Selected Locale
- Specific Store, Specific User Profile, Default Locale
- Specific Store, Any User Profile, Selected Locale
- Specific Store, Any User Profile, Default Locale
- Any Store, Any User Profile, Selected Locale
- Any Store, Any User Profile, Default Locale
Ex. The following screenshot contains two Variants:
- Specific Store, Any User Profile (Configurations: Maxwell’s Hardware, Any User Profile, and English and French locale)
- Any Store, Any User Profile (Configurations: Any Store, Any User Profile, and English locale)
If the store, user profile and locale used on the web store are Maxwell’s Hardware, Anonymous, and English, then according to the precedence the combination of the first variant is getting matched hence it will be displayed on the webstore.