TABLE OF CONTENTS
When creating a product data model, it is important that you achieve the following objectives:
- Ensure you have fields for all the data needed.
- Ensure you have fields to achieve your team’s goals.
- Ensure the data that will be imported is quality data.
This is the Znode best practice for creating a data model.
Part 1: Defining the Data Model
- Gather Existing Data - The first step is to get all the data you can to identify the fields that are used.
- Model Data for Znode - Work with the team to identify what each field is used for, and if any fields need to be removed or added.
- Define Attribute Hierarchy - Once you have all the fields identified, determine how to organize the product attributes into Groups and Families.
Part 2: Uploading Initial Data
- Export Mass Data - Get a full export of data for the current systems.
- Clean and Organize Data - Ensure the data is cleansed and well organized. This is the most crucial step to ensure you have the best data you can.
- Load Data into Templates - Use the Znode Import template to prepare the data for import.
- Upload Data - Use the Znode Import tool to import the data into the PIM.