TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Changes on the Admin screen (from version Znode 9.7.1 and onwards)
- Changes on the Admin screen (from version Znode 9.7.3 and onwards)
(Important - This feature is getting removed from Znode v9.7.4)
Navigate to: Marketing > Site Search > Search Profiles > Edit Search Profile - Stores tab
Search Profiles allow administrators to easily manage the creation of search configurations using
Search query properties and operators
that can be used to configure the rules using which the search functionality will find and display results on the webstore.
From the Stores tab, administrators can view all the stores that have the catalog associated with which the search profile is created.
Changes on the Admin screen (from version Znode 9.7.1 and onwards)
On the admin screen following tabs will not be available under Marketing > Site Search > Search Profile - Add/Edit Search Profile - Query Properties
Match Phrase Prefix
Minimum Should Match
Enable Accurate Scoring
Changes on the Admin screen (from version Znode 9.7.3 and onwards)
- On the admin screen the following new configuration settings are introduced under Marketing > Site Search > Search Profile - Add/Edit Search Profile
N-Gram Settings is added
Character Filter Setting is added
- Only one search profile can be created for one catalog, therefore the search profile will work for all the stores where the search profile’s catalog is associated.
Note: The provision to mark the default search profile is removed because of this reason.
- It is mandatory to publish the changes to test the search from the admin application and to view the changes on the web store.
- When no search profile is created for a catalog the system-defined search profile will work for that catalog on the web store.
- Search Profiles defined in the admin application will only work for store-based catalogs.
- After taking an upgrade all the existing search profiles will be deleted therefore admin users will have to manually create and configure the required search profiles.
- Limitation: There is no way to configure search profiles for Account and User Profile based catalogs from the admin application therefore only system-defined search profile work for Account and User Profile based catalogs.